51 Sea Quotes to Invoke Depth and Exploration
51 Sea Quotes to Invoke Depth and Exploration
Human beings have always been drawn to the sea. These sea quotes capture the essence of its waves, its depth, its life, and bring them to you so that the sea may touch you, even if you’re far from it. The sea is a deep, mysterious thing full of more life than we know, and the human connection to the sea is one that goes back thousands of years.
What can we learn from the sea?
The ocean can teach us many things, but most importantly, we are able to learn depth and insight from its deep color, mysterious life, and draw toward exploration. These sea quotes will bring you there—let’s set sail.
Sea Quotes About Exploration
1. “The ocean is this beautiful unexplored place. Why on Earth everyone isn’t down there, I don’t know.” – Graham Hawkes
2. “To find the pearls in life’s ocean, you have to venture out far past the shore.” – Unknown
3. “The ocean is a central image. It is the symbolism of a great journey.” –Enya
4. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
5. “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” –Rabindranath Tagore
6. “Men go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering.” – Unknown
7. “As a species, we’ve always been discoverers and adventurers, and space and deep ocean are some of the last frontiers.” – Unknown
8. “My soul is full of longing for the secrets of the sea, and the heart of the great ocean sends a thrilling pulse through me.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
9. “There was magic about the sea. People were drawn to it. People wanted to love by it, swim in it, play in it, look at it.” – Cecelia Ahern
10. “My soul is longing for the secrets of the sea, and the heart of the great ocean sends a thrilling pulse through me.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
You may also like these ocean quotes that inspire beauty and depth.
Sea Quotes About Connecting to the Ocean
11. “The beauty and mystery of the ocean fills our lives with wonders, vast beyond our imagination.” – ML Borges
12. “As the ocean is never full of water, so is the heart never full of love.” –Unknown
13. “The voice of the sea speaks to the soul. The touch of the sea is sensuous, enfolding the body in its soft, close embrace.” – Kate Chopin
14. “Our memories of the ocean will linger on long after our footprints in the sand are gone.” – Unknown
15. “I go to the ocean to calm down, to reconnect with the creator, to just be happy.” – Nnedi Okorafor
16. “We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch—we are going back from whence we came.” – John F Kennedy
17. “Faith is knowing there is an ocean because you have seen a brook.” –William Arthur Ward
18. “But more wonderful than the lore of old men and the lore of books is the secret lore of the ocean.” – HP Lovecraft
19. “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” –Jacques Yves Cousteau
20. “The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, and weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can’t.” – Christopher Paolini
21. “With every drop of water you drink, every breath you take, you’re connected to the sea. No matter where on Earth you live.” – Sylvia Earle
22. “The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides.” – Jules Verne
23. “To me, the sea is like a person—like a child I’ve known a long time. It sounds crazy, I know, but when I swim in the sea I talk to it. I never feel like alone when I’m out there.” – Gertrude Ederle
Sea Quotes About the Power of Nature
24. “The sea is a field full of miracles where it shows nature’s resilience against destruction.” – The Grumpy Guru
25. “The calming movement of the sea along with the restless ocean breeze gently caresses me, creating a soothing trance which lulls me to a place of peace.” – ML Borges
26. “Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of time.” – HP Lovecraft
27. “There must be something strangely sacred in salt. It is in our tears and in the sea.” – Kahlil Gibran
28. “There are finer fish in the sea than have ever been caught.” – Irish Proverb
29. “Roll on, deep and dark blue ocean, roll. Ten thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain. Man marks the earth with ruin, but his control stops with the shore.” – Lord Byron
30. “Blue, green, grey, white, or black; smooth, ruffled, or mountainous, that ocean is not silent.” – Unknown
31. “Ocean: a body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man—who has no gills.” – Ambrose Bierce
32. “How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean.” – Arthur C Clarke
33. “The sea does not like to be restrained.” – Rick Riordan
34. “To me the sea is a continual miracle; the fishes that swim, the rocks, the motion of the waves, the ships with men in them. What stranger miracles are there?” – Walt Witman
35. “In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans.” – Kahlil Gibran
36. “Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.” – Robert Henri
37. “A pool just isn’t the same as the ocean. It has no energy. No life.” – Linda Gerber
Sea Quotes About the Waves of Life
38. “You can either see yourself as a wave in the ocean or you can see yourself as the ocean.” – Oprah Winfrey
39. “Life is like the ocean, it goes up and down.” – Vanessa Paradis
40. “Every drop in the ocean counts.” – Yoko Ono
41. “No one would have crossed the ocean if he could have gotten off the ship in the storm.” – Charles Kettering
42. “Eternity begins and ends with the ocean’s tides.” – Unknown
43. “You have to think of your career the way you look at the ocean, deciding which wave you’re gonna take and which waves you’re not gonna take. Some of the waves are going to be big, some are gonna be small, sometimes the sea is going to be calm. Your career is not going to be one steady march up to glory.” – Alan Arkin
44. “Life is an ocean, fathom it.” – MK Soni
45. “Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean.” – Christopher Reeve
46. “When the seas are rough and disturbing, and the rowing seems always upstream, with a world of indifference to curb you, there’s always a hope and a dream.” – Greta Zwaan
47. “The progress of rivers to the ocean is not so rapid as that of man to error.” – Voltaire
48. “Just as the wave cannot exist for itself, but is ever a part of the heaving surface of the ocean, so must I never life my life for itself, but always in the experience which is going on around me.” – Albert Schweitzer
49. “If I were dropped out of a plane into the ocean and told the nearest land was a thousand miles away, I’d still swim. And I’d despise the one who gave up.” – Unknown
50. “Civilization is like a thin layer of ice upon a deep ocean of chaos and darkness.” – Werner Herzog
51. “We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep.” – William James
Which of these sea quotes is your favorite?
The sea quotes above capture the essence of the ocean and how it’s seen by humanity. Human beings have always been drawn to the water, whether it’s for transportation, food, or hydration. And over the years, that draw has turned into so much more.
Why are humans so intrigued by the sea? The sea brings opportunity, it brings exploration, it brings adventure, but most importantly, it brings life. When we connect to the sea, we connect to its creatures, and its ability to fuel. The sea draws people in to bring them toward discovery, and that is something that will never cease in human beings.
Did you enjoy these sea quotes? Which of the quotes resonated with you best? Let us know in the comment section below.
Published at Thu, 20 Feb 2020 11:30:09 +0000